Tak Lo is a USARMY Vet and Startup leader that I’ve come to notice through his blog and his talks. I find tremendous alignment with the principles he outlines month after month. He shared some words on his blog as he prepares to leave Techstars London. These are his core values. I want to share them with you:
As I leave my tenure at Techstars London, I’ve been thinking how best to translate my values to Marko Srsan, the new Programme Manager. Values are important as a fixed framework on how to act in a complex world that’s ever-changing, especially in entrepreneurship.
Here’s a list of things that I’ve compiled over the course of my career that has worked for me:
- Earn your vocation each and every day: Do your job and go above and beyond. The moment you can’t do that, don’t.
- Extreme professionalism: There is no excuse to cut corners.
- Show utmost respect to everybody: And I mean everybody. Know everyone’s name. Even the cleaners.
- Honor above all else: Your word is your word. Do what you say you’ll do. Act in the right way.
- Mission, Men, and Me: Care about things in that order.
- Harness the courage: Do the right thing, even if it’s the hardest thing to do.
- Live well, love well, lead well, and leave well: Live how you should live. Love with a full heart. Lead because everyone deserves a goal and meaning in their lives. Leave when you need to, not when the music stops.